Did you know that drowning is the leading cause for unintentional injury and deaths of children age 4 and younger? The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children 4 and under always have a parent or caregiver present when they are near water, including the tub.
As part of National Bath Safety Awareness Month, we wanted to to put a spotlight on safe bath-time practices to keep your little ones happy and healthy. Read on for some helpful tips and enter to win a special green sprouts Bath Time Bundle giveaway!
Bath Time Safety Tips
* NEVER leave your child unattended, even for a minute. Accidents can happen in a flash, and babies can drown in less than an inch of water. If you need to leave for any reason, bundle your little one up and take them with you.
* Establish a comfortable room temperature so your little one doesn’t get chilled, and always test the water before you put your baby in the tub.
* Don’t put your baby in the tub with the water running, as the temperature can change, and you don’t want the water level to get too high. Two to four inches of bathing water is recommended.
* Keep at least one hand on your baby, and have all your supplies within easy reach–towels, toys, baby-friendly soap, etc.
* Use a non-slip bath mat so that your little one stays put as they are being bathed.
* When bath time is over, bundle your little one up in a soft organic Hooded Towel and gently dry them off so you can be ready for your next adventure!
GIVEAWAY : : Baby Bath Bundle
(Clockwise from top)
Sea Friends Bath Toy 5pk
Organic Cotton Bath Puppet
Organic Woven Terry Washcloths 2pk
Tiny Bath Mats 5pk
Organic Woven Hooded Towel
Here’s how to enter ~
1. Like, share, and leave a comment letting us know you’ve entered to win our green sprouts Baby Bath Bundle on our Facebook post here.
2. Bonus Entry (for those that do and don’t have Facebook): Leave a comment here on the blog–it can be anything! You can share a favorite bath time story, let us know what Sea Friends Bath Toy you like the most, any bath time tips or tricks you’d like to add, etc.
Winner will be announced here and on Facebook around 5 pm EST, Monday, January 21st!